Here’s a list of places I turned to for some inspiration:
- Take a look at sites that review new products, if you want a bit of inspiration. You can make use of Cool Material, Werd, Outblush, Bless This Stuff, HiConsumption and Firebox.
- If you already have a specific type of product or niche in mind, you could get some ideas by looking at the specific industry leaders of that particular niche. Tools such as Topsy, LittleBird and FollowerWonk can help you tremendously to find the industry leaders.
- You can also get an idea from what people are looking at on the internet by visiting social sites such as Pinterest, Polyvore, Fancy or Wanelo.
- If you go directly to wholesalers’ websites, you should be able to pick up a few excellent ideas there as well. Alibaba, Made-in-China, TradeKey and Global Sources are a few good places to start.
- An extremely popular and influential site is Reddit. It is also a great place to find new products and see what type of products consumers are looking for – you just need to be clever when searching the site and make use of subReddits as well. They provide the need, you just need to be able to source the product.
- Online Marketplaces should not be forgotten either: eBay, Kickstarter, Amazon and AliExpress.
Well I am sure that the above links will be keeping you busy for quite some time but will definitely give you some inspiration! One word of caution though, you can easily get sidetracked with some of the links, and find yourself hours later looking at stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with you trying to find the perfect product for your online store… Not ideal but very fun though! 😉
Enjoy it and good luck!